Jobs en stages
Corporate Legal Counsel
With 30 years of history, today Gaming1 is one of the international leaders in both land-based and online games of chance (casino games, sports betting and poker). Its evolution at the heart of innovation is accompanied by a diversification and specialization of positions, with the creation of new cutting-edge jobs. As part of its sustained growth, Gaming1 is looking for a Corporate Legal Counsel to join its Corporate & HR Legal Support team.
Reporting to the Legal manager and within GAMING1's legal and administrative department, your main role will be to process various legal files in collaboration with other members of the team.
You will be a part of the company's Corporate & HR Legal Support team, who gives legal support to the Board of Directors and the Finance and Human Resources departments concerning the following areas: company law (mainly Corporate Housekeeping) as the team is in charge of the legal secretariat of the group’s companies, Corporate Governance, M&A (acquisition and disposal of companies) and labor law. The team also works in other areas such as tax files related to Corporate and HR matters (e.g., Transfer Pricing, ATN processing, etc.), various support agreements (service provisions, ordering of goods and products for the head offices, management), dispute management, etc.
As a company lawyer, you will work on a variety of subjects, you will be at the heart of the company's projects, and you will sometimes play a coordinating role in file management in collaboration with other departments and external partners
- Carry out and coordinate all the legal secretariat of the group’s companies from a company law point of view (Corporate Housekeeping) in Belgium as well as internationally when needed with the support of local advisors
- Be responsible for the legal aspects of M&A files (acquisition and disposal of companies, reorganization, merger, etc.), including negotiations and putting in place agreements
- Organize, in collaboration with the notary, the deeds of the group's companies regarding company law
- Put in place both intra-group agreements and more generally agreements with external representatives (e.g., loans, service provision)
- Put in place and write agreements regarding the team's activities (company, business, tax and labor law, etc.)
- Provide legal opinions and consultations, mainly in corporate law
- Manage certain disputes with the support of the law firms working on the various files
- Organize legal monitoring
- Carry out regular reporting on the files to the Legal Manager and more generally to the team
- If you have training or experience in tax law, be responsible for coordinating the department's tax files and providing first-line advice in this area
- Master's degree in law. Specialization in tax law or a double master's degree in law/management is a plus, as well as experience in other international laws. (France, Spain, USA, etc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Professional experience in a BIG4 firm is a plus
- Knowledge/particular interest in legal management of the corporate aspects of a company and interest in financial and administrative aspects of the corporate world
- Team spirit and solidarity
- Organized, thorough and methodical
- Can prioritize and meet deadlines
- Stress management and working under time pressure
- Command of English, at least in writing (minimum C1). Knowledge of Dutch is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
As well as having a unique experience - centered around our values of pleasure, team spirit, performance, boldness and integrity - alongside 1,200 employees around the world, we offer:
- the opportunity to contribute to the international development of a family company from Liège
- the chance to take part in a human and entrepreneurial adventure within a solid group
- a friendly work environment that is adapted to reaching optimal performance
- leadership by talents, values, trust and autonomy
- the opportunity to progress and specialize with our internal mobility system
- a competitive salary package with several perks
- the possibility to work remotely for a good work-life balance
- The Gaming1 Belgian hub moved to the heart of the Ardent City in 2021. Immerse yourself in our new offices.
- We are certified Top Employers 2022! We are the first game of chance company (casino, sports betting and poker) to receive this certification, among some 80 companies certified in our country, and including only 15% in Wallonia.
- The health of our employees is our priority, we offer 50% remote working, as well as health and safety measures. Various activities are organized throughout the year, such as giving blood in the building’s courtyard, teambuilding days and the #loveyourhealth program which gives employees the opportunity to take part in various sporting activities.
- More, the perks card offered to all Gaming1 employees. Browse the list of reductions
Meer details op: https://www.gaming1.com/en/hr/offer/details/304