Jobs en stages
Legal Counsel - Business Contracts
As a legal specialist in business contracts you support the imec group to make sure that imec’s growth is duly protected by concluding solid agreements.
What you will do
- Providing legal advice and drafting and reviewing a wide range of sales contracts with partners worldwide, (e.g. collaboration agreements, program partnerships, license agreements, technology transfers, ...) while safeguarding imec’s rights and obligations. As imec performs activities in many different technical and scientific domains, one or more specific business lines will be assigned to you, where you will act as the main legal responsible and point-of-contact for all contract related questions.
- Negotiating these sales contracts, in close interaction with other teams, which are essential in imec’s contract procedure, such as ‘IP Business Intelligence’, ‘Business Development’, ‘Business Operations’, ‘Contract Administration’ and ‘Technical Units’.
- Collaborating with the Compliance teams (e.g. in the domain of privacy and export control) in order to ensure regulatory compliance in your agreements.
- Keeping up to date with applicable laws and regulations in (a.o.) the following domains: contract law, IP law, competition law and commercial law.
- Supporting your business lines by setting up appropriate and up-to-date template contracts and contract clauses, in line with imec’s policies and the applicable laws and regulations.
- Cooperating with legal colleagues and participating in initiatives to guarantee a uniform legal strategy for imec.
What we do for you
As a Legal Counsel at imec, you work on innovative legal tasks which require creative and proactive legal guidance. You are part of the Legal Office team and you will work at imec’s premises in Leuven, Belgium. Potentially, flexibility is asked to visit imec’s premises in Antwerp or Ghent, to ensure a consistent and uniform strategy and approach over the imec entities. The projects and contracts you take on will require you to think big and differently. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master’s in law, with a minimum of 2 years experience in contract law and preferably IP law.
- You advise and write in a clear, concise and focused manner in English; knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions independently.
- You can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines and plan your work efficiently.
- You are a team player and with a pro-active and constructive attitude.
Imec is a story about how talent grows technology and technology grows talent. How people rise above themselves when working on challenges no one has ever faced before. This is imec. Come find your place in it.
- Loren Vander Veken
- Kapeldreef 75, 3001 Leuven
- +32 16 28 78 10